In search of an all whole wheat cookie recipe, I created this one. My family gives it rave reviews!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 large eggs eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the vanilla, salt, and baking soda until well blended, then mix in the ground pecans and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips last. Try not to over mix once you add the flour.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets so they are about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cookies are just starting to brown at the edges. Let cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.