Made totally vegan with almond milk, oil, and applesauce, these sweet Funfetti(R) cupcakes are perfect for a dairy- and egg-free birthday party.
- 1 vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup multicolored candy sprinkles (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 14 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add applesauce, oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Add sprinkles. Mix together until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.