Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, potatoes, and cheese make this soup delicious. You eat one bowl and it'll fill you up!
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 6 cups water
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, and saute until tender. Meanwhile, place the broccoli and cauliflower into a large pot with at least 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and cook until fork tender, but broccoli is still a vibrant green. Drain, and reserve 5 cups of the water.
- Pour the 5 cups of reserved water into the pot with the onions. Bring to a boil, and add potatoes, spinach and bouillon cubes. Cook for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove half of the soup, and puree in small batches using a food processor or blender. Return to the pan, and stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, and Cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted, and serve immediately.