Cream cheese and Cheddar are mixed up with a little bit of fresh (or canned!) corn and stuffed into a spicy bacon-wrapped jalapeno in this grilled appetizer.
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces fresh corn kernals
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 medium (blank)s fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 16 eaches toothpicks
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, corn, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Be sure the toothpick pokes through the bacon as well as the pepper.
- Place the poppers face down on the grill over direct heat. Grill until bacon is crispy and brown, about 5 minutes; turn the poppers over and grill until bacon is crisp on other side, 5 more minutes.