This was one of my favorite dishes growing up and now it is my children's. Ground beef, cheese and tomato sauce are baked into a simply delicious casserole.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until evenly browned. Drain.
- While the ground beef is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and stir in butter. Transfer to a large casserole dish, and mix in the ground beef, tomato sauce, and Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through and bubbly.