A great way to use leftover steak or roast! This recipe combines beef, egg and spinach on a thin sandwich roll.
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 eggs or equivalent egg substitute
- ½ cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch Salt and black pepper
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat round thin sandwich breads, split, toasted
- Combine eggs, spinach and tomato in medium bowl. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide egg mixture into 4 separate portions in pan. Evenly top with cheese and beef. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place one egg portion on bread bottoms. Close sandwiches; serve immediately.