Set your chipotle heat level to mild or medium in this no-fuss ground beef and black bean slow-cooker chili. Then tame the spicy hotness with a cool lime crema topped with juicy chopped mango.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow or red sweet pepper
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper, or more to taste
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 (5.3 ounce) containers VOSKOS® Nonfat Honey Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until meat is browned; drain off any fat.
- Add black beans, undrained tomatoes, sweet pepper, water, and ground chipotle chile pepper to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Serve topped with Lime Crema (see below) and chopped fresh mango.
- Lime Crema: Stir together VOSKOS® Nonfat Honey Greek Yogurt, lime peel, and lime juice in a bowl. Serve immediately or chill up to 24 hours.