Hearty and flavorful paleo chili full of beef is perfect for those rainy, cold days.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter), or as needed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- While meat is browning, melt ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook until onion is translucent and bell pepper is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Dice 2 tomatoes and add to the saucepan with the onion and bell pepper. Place remaining 4 tomatoes in a blender and puree; transfer puree to the saucepan with the vegetables. Stir green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper into the chili.
- Stir browned beef into the saucepan with the chili. Simmer until heated through, about 30 minutes.