Gluten-free penne pasta is tossed with sauteed shallots, asparagus, and tomatoes and finished with fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- 1 (12 ounce) box Barilla® Gluten Free Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut on a diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute shallot in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Next, turn the heat to high and add asparagus and tomatoes.
- Saute for 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain & toss with veggies.
- Stir in cheese and basil before serving.