Penne pasta is tossed with a Roasted Garlic Sauce and sauteed zucchini then topped with roasted chickpeas and crumbled feta.
- 1 (16 ounce) box Barilla® Penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Barilla® Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon oil, and salt; spread in an even layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Roast chickpeas about 30 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring once halfway through roasting; cool completely.
- In a food processor blend remaining chickpeas until finely processed; set aside.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Penne; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat; saute zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes; remove zucchini from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan stir together the Roasted Garlic sauce and processed chickpeas; bring to a very low simmer.
- While pasta is draining, pour Roasted Garlic sauce mixture into large pot; stir in zucchini and 1 tablespoon rosemary; stir in pasta.
- Stir in up to 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached; serve immediately topped with roasted chickpeas and crumbled feta.