These cabbage stuffed foil packets are cooked on the grill in this recipe, but can easily be cooked in the gently coals of a campfire. This is a delicious way to use up some cabbage and turn someone into a cabbage lover at the same time!
- ½ head cabbage, cut into thick shreds
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Evenly divide the cabbage among 4 squares of aluminum foil. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of soy sauce over each pile of cabbage, and place a tablespoon of butter on top. Season with pepper to taste, and fold the sides of the foil over the cabbage, sealing to form a packet.
- Place packets onto preheated grill, and cook until the cabbage is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.