These turkey meatball sliders are topped with barbecue sauce, crispy onions, and peppery Colby Jack cheese.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup hickory brown sugar barbecue sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray's®)
- 2 teaspoons hickory smoke seasoning (such as Savory Spice® Red Rocks)
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce
- 6 brioche buns, halved
- 3 slices three-pepper Colby-Jack cheese (such as Boar's Head), quartered, or to taste
- ⅓ cup crispy fried onions, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons hickory brown sugar barbecue sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray's®), or to taste
- Combine turkey, oats, barbecue sauce, hickory seasoning, and granulated onion in a small bowl. Mix well and form into 1 1/2-ounce meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour water, Worcestershire, and tamari sauce into a 9x9-inch casserole dish. Place meatballs in the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers, about 45 minutes. Toast brioche buns until golden, if desired.
- Serve meatballs on top of buns. Place a slice of cheese over each; top with crispy onions and barbecue sauce.