These baked beans made in the slow cooker are slightly sweet and tangy, with a smoky, meaty flavor that everyone will love. The best part? They're very easy to make.
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- ½ (28 ounce) can barbeque baked beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Place sausage in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease, and transfer sausage to a slow cooker.
- Into the slow cooker with the sausage, mix wax beans, green beans, lima beans, and black beans. Mix in baked beans with liquid and chili beans with liquid. Stir in the tomato paste, brown sugar, barbeque sauce, green bell pepper, onion, and fennel seed.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook on Low at least 5 hours.