Puff pastry filled with banana and Nutella(R) is topped with cream cheese frosting in these delicious easy dessert bites perfect for a crowd.
- cooking spray
- 3 (10x15-inch) sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®), divided
- 3 bananas, sliced
- ½ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two 24-count mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into quarters. Cut each quarter into 4 square pieces. Fill each mini-muffin cup with 1 puff pastry square.
- Spread 1 teaspoon chocolate-hazelnut spread over each pastry square. Place 3 banana slices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract; beat until frosting is thick and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon cream cheese frosting on over banana slices.