These moist and fluffy banana muffins with chocolate chips are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or a midmorning snack.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Optional)
- ½ cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Continue beating while adding mashed bananas, oil, and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with yogurt, beating batter briefly after each addition, and until creamy following last flour addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill the prepared muffin cups to the top with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 22 to 25 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.