A moist and tender quick bread that's packed with fiber.
- ½ cup flax seed
- 3 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)s bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup flax seed
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan. Use an electric coffee grinder or food processor to grind 1/2 cup flax seed; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together banana, oil, sugar and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground flax seed and 1/4 cup whole flax seed. Gradually stir flour mixture into banana mixture. Fold in dates. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.