Stuffed and baked spaghetti squash makes a delicious, low-calorie, and vegetarian meal your family will enjoy.
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini - quartered lengthwise, seeds removed, and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or to taste
- 1 ½ cups trimmed and chopped fresh green beans
- 1 tomato, diced
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Poke 10 holes in each spaghetti squash and place in an ovenproof baking pan.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until softened, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and basil in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper, garlic, and 1/2 of the spice mixture. Cook and stir for 3 minutes more. Add green beans, tomato, and remaining spice mixture. Cook and stir filling together for about 6 minutes.
- Cut each cooled spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds. Fill each squash half with filling and return to the baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove and uncover; top squash evenly with mozzarella cheese. Return to the hot oven and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle chives on top before serving.