This rich and creamy sausage tomato dip is baked under a thick layer of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the same pan. Saute onion, pepper, and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cooked sausage. Add cream cheese, marinara sauce, and Italian seasoning. Mix all together.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses melt and start to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.