Serve this wonderfully tasty dip with goat cheese and roasted beets with crostini, pita chips, or crackers at your next dinner party.
- ¾ pound beets - trimmed, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package goat cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely crushed pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Place beets into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and place in the roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until soft for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and fold foil over beets to keep warm. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, thyme, garlic, and lemon juice in a mini food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small oven-proof dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and lightly browned, 15 to 17 minutes. Create a well in the center of the cheese mixture and top with beets. Garnish with pine nuts and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm.