These baked chicken empanadas are quick and easy to make. Use diced rotisserie chicken and jarred salsa to speed things up.
- 12 empanada pastry discs (such as Goya® Tapas para Empanadas)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- ½ (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- ¼ cup medium salsa (such as Pace®)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine chicken, Neufchatel cheese, and salsa in a saucepan over medium heat until cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and stir until well combined.
- Lay out empanada discs and place 1 tablespoons of chicken filling onto each disc. Fold dough over filling to close. Wet fingers with water and run them along the edges to help seal. Press edges together using the tines of a fork. Place empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and brush with heavy whipping cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.