Try these baked chicken burgers as an alternative to hamburgers! Adding mushrooms and onions gives great texture and flavor to these burgers.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base (such as Better than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken Base)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 sandwich buns
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inchbaking pan with avocado oil.
- Combine mushrooms, spinach, onion, and garlic in the bowl of a small food processor or blender and pulse several times until chopped into very small pieces, but not pureed.
- Place ground chicken in a bowl. Add chopped vegetables, chicken base, salt, and pepper. Mix until vegetable pieces are evenly distributed. Divide mixture into 5 evenly sized portions and shape into patties.
- Place patties onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly brush with remaining avocado oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil each side until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Place each chicken burger on a bun.