Baked asparagus and portobello mushroom is a match made in the oven, sprinkled with your favorite herbs, for an easy vegan side dish.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine asparagus and portobello mushrooms in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Spread in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus is tender, about 8 minutes. Turn and bake for an additional 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of asparagus spears. Season with salt and pepper.