Quick and easy Baja-style chicken bowls with salsa and Monterey Jack cheese are the perfect weeknight meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken, corn, and red pepper in hot oil until heated through and pepper is slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice into 2 bowls, divide chicken mixture between the two bowls, and top each with salsa and Monterey Jack cheese.