Cabbage steaks hold together wonderfully on the grill and are simple to prepare, with ranch dressing and crumbled bacon for extra flavor.
- 1 large head green cabbage
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cut cabbage in half through the core. Discard any loose leaves. Cut two 3/4-inch steaks from each half of cabbage.
- Whisk olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Brush oil over one side of each steak and let sit for 5 minutes to absorb. Flip steaks over and brush with remaining oil.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place steaks directly on the grate and grill for 5 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip the steaks over and grill for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates. Drizzle 1 tablespoon ranch dressing over each and top with crumbled bacon.