Microwaved "baked" potatoes are stuffed with gravied ground beef, onions, Cheddar, and bacon in this fun, kid-friendly riff on a cheeseburger.
- 6 baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 strips cooked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place in a microwaveable baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Microwave on high until fork-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef with onion, tomato, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in gravy and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes onto individual serving plates and smash each with a fork. Cover potatoes with the beef mixture, then top with Cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives.