Avocado toast with pickled radishes will take your open-faced sandwich to a new gourmet level with homemade pickles and seasoned sesame salt.
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bunch radishes, cubed
- ½ teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1 pinch furikake (Japanese nori seasoning) (Optional)
- 1 pinch toasted sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 bunch sprouted cilantro
- 1 lemon wedge
- Bring vinegar, water, honey, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Put radishes, mustard seeds, black pepper, and bay leaf in a pint jar with a lid. Pour hot vinegar mixture over the radishes. Let the radishes come to room temperature. Cover with lid and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Mix coarse sea salt, furikake, and sesame seeds together in a small bowl to create the seasoning mix.
- Toast bread until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Top each slice with half the avocado. Top avocado with a portion of the pickled radishes. Sprinkle half the seasoning mix over radishes. Place a small handful of cilantro on top. Squeeze lemon over the toast.