This version of avocado toast with cauliflower mash is hearty, delicious, and different, simply perfect for brunch, lunch or a hungry snack.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise (Optional)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Place cauliflower in a skillet over medium heat; drizzle with olive oil. Cook and stir until light golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour cooked cauliflower into a blender with Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and black pepper. Blend until the mixture resembles mashed potatoes, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Toast bread, about 2 minutes, and spread light mayonnaise equally on each slice. Spread cauliflower mash equally over the toast. Place avocado slices over the cauliflower.