A perfect combination of avocado, citrus, and frisee, this refreshing and bright salad pairs well with a crisp white wine.
- 1 Cara Cara orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 head frisee lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Sea salt to taste
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice off the top and bottom of the orange, giving you a stable cutting surface and making it easier to trim the rest of the peel.
- Trim away the skin and the pith by cutting even downward strokes, slicing the skin away from the flesh and discard. Using a paring knife, carefully cut between the membranes to segment the orange. Cut until you reach the middle of the orange, but not cutting all the way through.
- Repeat process with the grapefruit segments. Slide a paring knife between the membrane and segment, then pop the segment out.
- Place frisee lettuce on a platter; arrange segmented citrus and avocados on top. Sprinkle sea salt over the salad.