Try this easy recipe for Turkish doner kebabs, a street food favorite, of deliciously seasoned ground lamb baked meatloaf-style and served in pita bread.
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ¼ pounds ground lamb
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, oregano, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add ground lamb and thoroughly knead with the flour mixture until thoroughly mixed together, about 3 minutes.
- Shape the seasoned ground lamb and place into a loaf pan; set on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning the loaf halfway to ensure even browning, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foil and let rest, about 10 minutes. Slice as thinly as possible to make the doner kebab pieces.