Tried and true--best chocolate cake ever! Frost with Best Buttercream Frosting when cool. Even better the second day.
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup sour milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate, margarine and water until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt and soda. Pour in milk and eggs. Mix the cooled chocolate mixture into the batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Frost with Best Buttercream Frosting.