Shredded sweet potatoes are baked in a buttery orange sauce in this Southern-style side dish.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 1 orange, zested
- ½ orange, juiced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, butter, egg, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Stir in sweet potatoes, orange zest, and orange juice until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and bubbling, 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.