A vegan rice noodle main dish base with marinated tofu and vegetables. I like to also serve it with vegan chili-mayo, but it tastes great without as well.
- ¼ (16 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- ½ (12 ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- ½ cup fresh green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- sesame seeds, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon vegetable seasoning, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise®)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Asian red chile sauce, such as Sriracha®, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 splash soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside until noodles are softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Combine tofu, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, teriyaki sauce, 1/2 of the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set aside while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large skillet over low heat and cook the remaining garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and green beans and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove tofu from marinade and add to vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix well. Season with vegetable seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add drained noodles and stir to combine.
- Combine vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, red chile sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Serve with the tofu noodles.