Here, two classic recipes are simplified into a one-skillet meal combining Asian bok choy and chicken salad.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups bok choy, sliced, or more to taste
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce together in a lidded jar for the dressing; put lid on tightly and shake well. Set dressing aside.
- Combine bok choy, green onions, and carrots in a large bowl.
- For the marinade combine soy sauce, olive oil, honey, ginger, and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat marinade in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and heat again for 30 seconds. Place chicken in a large bowl and pour marinade on top; allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour chicken and marinade into the skillet and cook 20 minutes. Add bok choy salad and dressing. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes more. Serve over a bed of rice.