The curry powder mixed into the mayonnaise makes all the difference. You can substitute wild rice instead of white or use a packaged pilaf mix as well. It also molds nicely and mellows in the refrigerator.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Combine chicken stock and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together artichoke marinade, mayonnaise, and curry powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, green onions, green bell pepper, parsley, and celery. Mix in cooked rice, then mix in reserved marinade mixture. Cover and chill overnight. Serve cold.