Browned chicken, poblano pepper, onion and corn blend with Knorr(R) Fiesta Sides(TM) - Yellow Rice in this quick and tasty dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper - roasted, seeded, chopped
- ½ cup corn (frozen, canned, or fresh)
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 tablespoon buttery spread (Optional)
- 1 (5.4 ounce) package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice
- 6 wedges Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Add chicken breast, cook until completely cooked through and browned on both sides. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken from skillet, tent loosely with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook one more minute. Stir in roasted and chopped poblano pepper. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, place corn, water, buttery spread (if using) and contents of rice package. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 7 minutes or until water has been absorbed and rice is tender. Add onion mixture back to skillet and toss together.
- Place rice mixture on a serving platter. Slice chicken and place on top of rice (or chop into bite-sized pieces and stir into rice, then plate). Serve immediately.