Versatile recipe that you can use for other recipes. Serve with fried eggs and fried plantains. Leftovers are great for stuffed peppers, eggplant filling, or omelettes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons peas
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potato and carrot; saute for 3 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to the hot skillet and saute until slightly brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add potato-carrot mixture back to the skillet with water, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, raisins, and peas; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over hot rice.