Tender pork loin chops are sandwiched between apple pie filling and savory stuffing creating a quick and easy dinner for weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 eaches (1-inch thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package pork stuffing mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling with cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; brown pork chops in the hot oil, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Bring water and margarine to a boil in a saucepan; add stuffing mix and cover. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand 5 minutes to absorb water. Remove cover and fluff stuffing with a fork.
- Spread apple pie filling into the prepared baking dish; layer pork chops onto pie filling layer. Spoon stuffing over pork chops. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and cook until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 10 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).