These chunky apple muffins are flavored with apple cider and are great energy-bites. They can also easily be frozen for a quick on-the-go snack.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 apples - peeled, cored, and diced small
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar in a stand mixer at medium-high speed. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Turn the stand mixer on low and alternate adding in flour mixture and cider, starting with flour and ending with cider. Mix well and remove from stand. Stir in apples with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, using about 2 generous tablespoons for each muffin cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.