Golden bits of vermicelli pasta add a toasted flavor to this quick pilaf. Use your favorite seasoning in place of Greek seasoning, if desired.
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup broken pieces vermicelli pasta
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Greek seasoning, or to taste
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in water in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir vermicelli pieces until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour bouillon mixture into the skillet with the vermicelli.
- Stir rice, black pepper, salt, and Greek seasoning into the vermicelli mixture and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.