Three types of beans and 2 cans of tomatoes and green chiles make this a hearty venison chili with a kick, and it all happens in one pot!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Saute onion and garlic in a large soup pot over medium-high heat until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add venison and cook until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add all 3 types of beans, diced tomatoes with green chiles, tomato sauce, broth, cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder, sugar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors meld, at least 30 minutes.