These oatmeal cookies made without dairy or eggs are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and a really tasty vegan treat.
- 1 cup non-dairy margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried apricots, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine margarine, brown sugar, and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Mix in water, flax seeds, and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking powder. Fold in oats, coconut, cinnamon, and cloves. Add chocolate chips and apricots.
- Form dough into small balls and arrange on baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden, about 15 minutes.