Buttery and round cookie with almond liqueur. Chopped nuts optional.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup amaretto liqueur
- ¾ cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the flour and salt until well blended, then mix in the amaretto liqueur. Fold in chopped almonds if desired. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Roll cookies in remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar while still warm.