The longer this amaretto Bundt(R) cake sits, the better it tastes. The nutty taste of the amaretto and the rich smoky bourbon makes this a perfect fall dessert.
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup tube pan (such as Bundt®).
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla bean paste and almond extract and mix in.
- Whisk the sifted cake flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add flour mixture to the bowl with the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with amaretto and sour cream.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds into the bottom of the prepared tube pan. Pour batter on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes; turn it out onto a wire rack to cool another 15 minutes.
- Use a toothpick or the tines of a fork to poke holes around the top of the cake and spoon bourbon over the cake. Cool another 15 minutes and transfer cake to a serving plate.