A fudgy chocolate cake is topped with a marshmallow coconut layer and chocolate chips in this sweet copycat treat inspired by Almond Joy(R).
- cooking spray
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (such as Duncan Hines®)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 26 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) bag shredded coconut
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine chocolate cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 26 to 31 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, and marshmallows together in a large pot; cook and stir over medium-low heat until marshmallows are melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in coconut. Pour coconut mixture over hot cake.
- Combine 1/2 cup evaporated milk, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Fold in chocolate chips and almonds. Spread over coconut layer.
- Cool cake until coconut layer and chocolate layer are set, about 30 minutes.