To some, lasagna seems like a complicated dish but once you make our easy, yet classic lasagna, you'll see it's simple enough for even the beginner cook! Melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese are layered with our rich tomato sauce for the perfect comforting bite.
- ½ cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can RED GOLD® Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans RED GOLD® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package traditional lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with 1 1/2 cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with 1/2 of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9x9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.