Three ingredients and some paper towels is all you need to make these homemade salt and vinegar potato chips in your air fryer.
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound red potatoes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- sea salt to taste
- Place vinegar in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Drain potatoes but do not rinse. Arrange potato slices on the baking sheet, making sure none are overlapping. Cover the top of the potatoes with paper towels. Repeat layers until all potatoes have been dried.
- Preheat an air fryer oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions. Place the basket rack in the top slot. This will act as a shield so that the fan does not blow the chips around once they start to fry.
- Arrange potatoes slices on the remaining 3 racks and lightly sprinkle with salt. Place racks in the air fryer oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the top rack of chips and transfer chips to a plate. Set timer for 2 more minutes and then remove the next highest rack of chips. Set timer for 1 minute for the final rack of chips. Serve immediately.