A quick and tasty dinner for two can be ready in minutes! Fresh or thawed frozen salmon filets are air-fried, then coated with a sweet-spicy glaze. Add some sesame seeds, sliced scallions, and a light squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor, if you like. We like these with a steamed green vegetable and rice, or roasted potatoes and a salad. With either menu, it's great for a quick and elegant meal on a weeknight, or for an easy start to the weekend. Want to serve four people? Simply double the recipe, and adjust the cook time by a couple of minutes.
- ¼ cup all fruit, no sugar added peach preserves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Asian chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon (1-inch thick)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 medium green onion, thinly sliced
- lemon juice (optional)
- Stir peach preserves, minced garlic, powdered ginger, chili garlic sauce, and lemon juice together in a microwave-safe bowl until blended. Microwave on high for 30 to 35 seconds, or until boiling. Carefully remove from the microwave and stir again; set aside.
- Create a foil sling for the air fryer by cutting a piece of foil wide enough to cover the bottom of the air fryer basket and go up two sides about 2" inches. Spray the foil with cooking spray and place in the basket. Poke a few holes in the foil to align with the holes in the basket to allow airflow.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place on the foil sling. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Air fry at 390 degrees F (198 degrees C) for 8 minutes. Test for doneness with an instant read thermometer. Farmed salmon is "medium" at 125 degrees F (51 degrees C), and wild salmon is "medium" at 120 degrees F (48 degrees C). If needed, add air frying time in 3-minute increments, until salmon reaches preferred doneness.
- Lift the salmon filets from the air fryer using the sides of the foil sling.
- To serve, pour prepared glaze over fillets and use the remainder of the glaze as a sauce. Sprinkle fillets with sesame seeds and green onions and drizzle with lemon juice.