If you love Buffalo chicken, you'll want to make some of this jerky for your next hiking adventure or camping trip.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot®)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pink curing salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot®)
- Combine ground chicken, 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce, sea salt, pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder, and pink curing salt in a large bowl; mix until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Use a jerky gun to form sticks of the meat mixture on air fryer oven racks.
- Preheat the air fryer to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Place racks into the air fryer and set timer for 2 hours. Flip the sticks over using a fork. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce over the tops. Air fry for 30 minutes more.
- Let cool completely and transfer to an airtight container.