This small batch of brownies comes out of the air fryer with crispy, crackly tops but soft and gooey centers.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, or to taste (Optional)
- Grease and flour an 8x8-inch square pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until a smooth batter forms. Beat in chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated; fold in walnuts. Spread batter into the prepared square pan.
- Place pan in the air fryer basket. Place on the lowest rack in air fryer oven and cook at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan, about 30 minutes. Cut into 9 squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.