If you like the taste of deep-fried okra, cut down on the fat and try this wonderfully crispy, lower-calorie version made in an air fryer.
- 1 pound fresh okra, about 3-inches long
- 1 ½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wash and dry okra, trim stems and tips, and slice in half, lengthwise. Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoned salt.
- Put okra slices, cut-sides down, in the basket of an air fryer, in batches if necessary, and cook until crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.